Obama claims to be a Christian, but is that really true? Some people claim he is a Muslim; is that true? We will attempt to answer these questions. Obama said in his book, Audacity of Hope:
If I have any insight into this movement toward a deepening religious commitment, perhaps it’s because it’s a road I have traveled.
I was not raised in a religious household . . . my grandparents would end up leaving Kansas and migrating to Hawaii, religious faith never really took root in their hearts. My grandmother was always too rational and too stubborn to accept anything she couldn’t see, feel, touch, or count. . . .
This combination of traits: my grandmother’s flinty rationalism, my grandfather’s joviality and incapacity to judge others or himself too strictly—got passed on to my mother. Her own experiences . . . only reinforced this inherited skepticism. Her memories of the Christians who populated her youth were not fond ones. Occasionally, for my benefit, she would recall the sanctimonious preachers who would dismiss three-quarters of the world’s people as ignorant heathens doomed to spend the afterlife in eternal damnation—and who in the same breath would insist that the earth and the heavens had been created in seven days, all geologic and astrophysical evidence to the contrary. She remembered the respectable church ladies who were always so quick to shun those unable to meet their standards of propriety, even as they desperately concealed their own dirty little secrets; the church fathers who uttered racial epithets and chiseled their workers out of any nickel that they could.
For my mother, organized religion too often dressed up closed-mindedness in the garb of piety, cruelty and oppression in the cloak of righteousness.
This isn’t to say that she provided me with no religious instruction. In her mind, a working knowledge of the world’s great religions was a necessary part of any well-rounded education. In our house hold the Bible, the Koran, and the Bhagavad Gita sat on the shelf alongside books of Greek and Norse and African mythology. On Easter or Christmas Day my mother might drag me to church, just as she dragged me to the Buddhist temple, the Chinese New Year celebration, the Shinto shrine, and ancient Hawaiian burial sites. But I was made to understand that such religious samplings required no sustained commitment on my part—no introspective exertion or self-flagellation. Religion was an expression of human culture, she would explain, not its wellspring, just one of the many ways—and not necessarily the best way—that man attempted to control the unknowable and understand the deeper truths about our lives.
We are already getting to see what he thinks of devout Christians, and it is not good. And he thinks that learning “about” Christianity is actually practicing it. But there is more:
. . . although my father had been raised a Muslim, by the time he met my mother he was a confirmed atheist, thinking religion to be so much superstition, like the mumbo-jumbo of witch doctors that he had witnessed in the Kenyan villages of his youth.
. . . During the five years that we would live with my stepfather in Indonesia, I was sent first to a neighborhood Catholic school and then to a predominantly Muslim school; . . .
And yet for all her professed secularism, my mother was in many ways the most spiritually awakened person that I’ve ever known. She had an unswerving instinct for kindness, charity, and love, and spent much of her life acting on that instinct . . . Without the help of religious texts or outside authorities, she worked mightily to instill in me the values that many Americans learn in Sunday school: honesty, empathy, discipline, delayed gratification, and hard work.
He was not converted by the exposure he received in the Catholic school or the Islamic school, and thinks he has gotten what is taught in Sunday school, perhaps a lukewarm progressive Sunday school that does not teach the truth of spiritual regeneration! He continues:
It is only in retrospect, of course, that I fully understand how deeply this spirit of hers influenced me . . .
Ok, so Obama’s father from Kenya was raised a Muslim but became an atheist; his mother did not follow organized religion and gave him a taste of several religions. His mother divorced and remarried and took him to Indonesia, a predominately Muslim country where he first attended a Catholic school, then a public school that was predominately Muslim.
The writers on Obama’s early years went to Indonesia and visited his neighbors and schools. Some writers claim his step-father was a nominal Muslim but occasionally took him to the Mosque for Friday prayers. Other writers say his father was devout. At the public school, students were given religious training in either Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, or Buddhism, and Obama was registered as a Muslim, so he was given Islamic training, which he confirmed in his book, Dreams of My Father, where he said, “in the Muslim school, the teacher wrote to tell my mother that I made faces during Koranic studies” (p. 154).
Because of the controversy over whether Obama was a Christian or Muslim, his campaign issued a statement, “Obama has never been a practicing Muslim” (The Chicago Tribune. Obama madrassa myth debunked, Kim Barker, March 25, 2007. https://www.chicagotribune.com/nation-world/chi-070325obama-islam-story-archive-story.html, & Was Obama a Muslim?, Daniel Pipes. 12-24-07. FrontPageMagazine.com)
So it appears that Obama was officially a Muslim and did get Islamic training but never practiced it as an adult. When he came back to America, he was using the name Barry Soetoro; his stepfather was Lolo Soetoro.
So the evidence we have thus far is that he was likely a nominal Muslim. Many Muslims are nominal; we are just used to hearing about the devout ones. You don’t have to live by Sharia Law to be a Muslim.
During an interview with the New York Times in 2007, he recited the Adhan, which is the Muslim call to prayer that begins with the Shahada, the Muslim profession of faith that says, “There is no god but God and Muhammad is the prophet of God.” Saying this in the hearing of two Muslims is all that is required to become a Muslim. The NYT said:
“with a first-class [Arabic] accent. . . Obama described the call to prayer as “one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset.”  NYT, Obama: Man of the World, 03/06/2007, Nicholas Kristof.
Then later in 2009, in a speech in Cairo, he said, “the sweetest sound I know is the Muslim call to prayer.” Things are beginning to look like he is more Muslim than Christian, and more than nominal. But there is yet more.
There are photos of Obama in Islamic attire while visiting his family in Kenya. So did he attend the mosque while he was in Kenya? His brother Malik supposedly raised money for the Muslim Brotherhood. Then there is the statement by Obama’s half-sister Maya Soetoro-Ng in another New York Times article; she said, “My whole family was Muslim” (Jodi Kantor, New York Times, A Candidate, His Minister and The Search for Faith, April 30, 2007).
The above evidence alone is enough to convict him in a court of law of being a Muslim. But let’s continue the investigation. Also, Islam officially allows you to lie to hide your Muslim faith. So did he decide to claim to be a Christian in order to run for public office? Back in the 80s, there were no Muslim Senators, and certainly will never be an avowed Muslim president.
After college, he went to work as a community organizer for radical leftist groups like ACORN, but in the book he only says he worked with some churches:The Christians with whom I worked recognized themselves in me; they saw that I knew their Book and shared their values and sang their songs. But they sensed that apart of me remained removed, detached, an observer among them. I came to realize that without a vessel for my beliefs, without an unequivocal commitment to a particular community of faith, I would be consigned at some level to always remain apart, free in the way that my mother was free, but also alone in the same ways she was ultimately alone . . .</blockquote class=”wp-block-quote”>
So Obama decided that he needed to join a community of faith, even though he was not seeking after God, he makes no mention of seeking the truth of religion, he mentions wanting to be part of community (but it was because he needs to appear Christian). And what faith community did he finally decide to join? Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago pastored by Jeremiah Wright who preached hate for whites, hate for America, and hate for the Jews and Israel, that the U.S. government invented HIV to kill blacks, that the U.S. government should pay reparations to blacks for slavery, is pro-abortion, and who knows what else he teaches, but it is not Christianity!
We are beginning to get a better picture of Obama’s beliefs, but it is not complete yet. I cannot quote much more from Audacity of Faith, but here is one more:Whose Christianity would we teach in the schools? James Dobson’s or Al Sharpton’s? Which passages of Scripture should guide our public policy? Should we go with Leviticus, which suggests that slavery is all right and eating shell fish is an abomination? How about Deuteronomy, which suggests stoning your child if he strays from the faith? Or should we just stick to the Sermon on the Mount—a passage so radical that it’s doubtful that our Defense Department would survive its application?</blockquote class=”wp-block-quote”>
This is what happens when you read the Bible without understanding. So it appears that Obama believes that devout Christians should keep their beliefs to themselves, especially in the public sphere, because everyone does not agree. I doubt he would make the same type of statements to Muslims in Saudi Arabia, or Turkey, telling them that religion has no place in public life and government.
But what about Obama’s young-adult years? Did he leave his Muslim beliefs behind in Indonesia? There is evidence that he did not. Statements Obama made in his book Dreams of My Father, as well as other statements he has made, and what family and friends have said, indicate that he was still a Muslim in college.
Genevieve Cook was the daughter of a prominent Australian diplomat. She was his lover for a time:Referring to her diary for the years 1983-1985, she recalls that, after his graduation (1983) from Columbia University, Barack Obama was still socializing mostly with Muslims from Pakistan: “Me and the Paki mob . . .” </blockquote class=”wp-block-quote”>
And during his presidential campaign, he talked about going to Pakistan in 1981 for three weeks, and to Indonesia (Ibid). Obama’s former pastor, Jeremiah Wright, said that,when he first met Barack Obama in 1987, he was immediately impressed by how much Obama then knew about Islam . . . As a new law student at Harvard University in 1988, Barack Obama was told by the Reverend Jesse Jackson, Senior: “If you want to succeed in politics in this country, you had better get yourself a Christian religion.” . . . ought there not to be some degree of skepticism about the motives of a President with publicly avowed Muslim roots, reaching out to the Muslim world, notably including appeasement of the Islamic Republic of Iran? [Ibid, </blockquote class=”wp-block-quote”>
When he went to Pakistan, it was likely with some of his college friends. Did he visit the mosque while in college or while in Pakistan? Did he listen to any radical teachers in Pakistan? So did he start attending a Christian church because he wanted to go into politics and knew that he had to claim to be a Christian to get elected? I vote, yes.
Here are a few other reasons why so many people have come to believe he is a secret Muslim, namely, his actions after he became president:
* Obama chose Ingrid Mattson, the president of the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA), a Muslim Brotherhood-linked group that was named as an unindicted co-conspirator in a Hamas terror-funding case, to say a prayer during his inauguration ceremony in January 2009.
* President Obama’s first phone call to a foreign leader was to Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas, two days after he took office. Abbas is the guy who authorized payments of $2,200 to each family member of suicide bombers.
* Six days after he took office, his first TV interview was with Al Arabiya network of Dubai.
* The first nation he visited was a Muslim nation.
* He has allowed in millions more Muslims while restricting the number of Christians that are allowed into the US; even when those Christians are being persecuted by Muslims and murdered by ISIS.
* He calls ISIS, ISIL, because they don’t like the name ISIS, they prefer ISIL.
* He takes a tour of Muslim nations, apologizing for American actions.
* On the tour, he bows at the waist to the King of Saudi Arabia. People have tried to claim that he bowed so the king could put something around his neck, but the photo below proves it is not so:
Notice that the king is wearing a different garment.
* He takes a hard line with Israel. The Israelis see him as an enemy.
* He made a secret deal with Iran without the approval of Congress to allow them to generate nuclear fuel, which could ultimately lead to a nuclear weapon. Bill Clinton made a similar deal with North Korea, and now they have nukes. This deal also included releasing 150 billion dollars in frozen assets. Some of that money went to fund terrorists throughout the Middle East.
* When he made his Muslim nation tour, he had not yet visited Israel, yet did not do so on this trip even though he was next door, in Egypt. By the end of 2015, he had visited Israel only once, a total of only twice in his eight years. But he visited Saudi Arabia FOUR times.
* In 2010 Obama appointed Egyptian-born Mohamed Elibiary as a senior member of Homeland Security Advisory Council (HSAC). He resigned in 2014 after indisputable evidence of his Muslim Brotherhood loyalties came to light. That evidence was freely available during his vetting process.
* He also canceled a massive NASA project that was already $10 billion dollars in development, but part of it was restored by an act of Congress. NASA had a new mission, getting children interested in science and math, expand international relationships, and help Muslim nations to “them feel good about their historic contribution to science, math and engineering.”
* Obama said that Islamic terrorists should only be called “violent extremists,” not “Islamic terrorists.”
* Obama also refused to label Boko Haram as a terrorist organization.
* Obama supported the building of a mosque near Ground Zero in New York, which was opposed by virtually all non-Muslims.
* Obama purged the military training manuals and intelligence training manuals of any connection between Islam and terrorism.
* Obama used the Justice Department to force schools and businesses to give special privileges to Muslims, like unique places to pray and with pay.
* Obama tried to make it illegal to criticize Islam in America.
* In his June 2009 speech in Cairo, he said: “I consider it part of my responsibility as President of the United States to fight against negative stereotypes of Islam wherever they appear.” He made sure the Muslim Brotherhood was invited and never mentioned terrorism.
* Obama makes Muslims part of the founding of America and having made “extraordinary contributions to our country.” Like what exactly? Being responsible for the creation of the U.S. Marines? LOL. The USMC was created to fight Muslims in North Africa that had been capturing American ships and enslaving the crews.
* In a speech in Mumbai in 2010, he said that Islam is “the religion that teaches peace, justice, fairness, and tolerance.” Even though there had been Islamic terror bombings there in 2008 that killed several people.
* Obama appointed Dalia Mogahed, a pro-Sharia Muslim, as his chief adviser on Islamic affairs.
* Investigativeproject.org said, “Six American Islamist activists who work with the Obama administration are Muslim Brotherhood operatives who enjoy strong influence over U.S. policy.”
* In April 2009, Obama appointed Los Angeles deputy mayor Arif Alikhan as assistant secretary for policy development at the Department of Homeland Security. He was responsible for stopping the LAPD’s monitoring of the city’s Muslim community, including radical mosques and Islamic schools, where some of the 9/11 hijackers had received support.
* On September 27, 2013, the Los Angeles Times reported that Obama broke three decades of silence and called Iranian president Rouhani to congratulate him on his election.
* Obama refused to help those in Iran who were demonstrating against their oppressive government.
* In 2011 the CIA helped remove Libyan dictator, Muammar Gaddafi. Then in Sept. 2012 the US Embassy was attacked, and four Americans died. David Horowitz, in How Obama Betrayed America, said:The events in Benghazi were a stark revelation of the consequences of a foreign policy without a moral compass. The battle over the embassy lasted seven hours. Although the President learned about the attack shortly after it began and although the embattled Americans inside the compound begged the White House for help, and although the U.S. fighter jets were stationed in Italy only an hour away, the president, in one of the most shameful acts in the history of that office, denied help by leaving his post, so that only silence answered their desperate calls. The president and his administration then went into cover-up mode lying to Congress and the American people, pretending for weeks afterwards that the attack was the result of a spontaneous demonstration over an anti-Mohammed internet video, whose director they then threw in jail.</blockquote class=”wp-block-quote”>Before his overthrow, the dictator, Moammar Gaddafi, warned that his demise would unleash the forces of the Islamic jihad not only in his own country but throughout North Africa. (ebook edition)</blockquote class=”wp-block-quote”>
* In a speech, Obama said, “It was not a religion that attacked us that September day. It was al-Qaeda, a sorry band of men, which perverts religion.” (www.reuters .com/)
* Obama supported the Muslim Brotherhood leader of Egypt and gave him millions in military aid, even though he was persecuting Christians and was clearly an oppressive leader. Robert Spencer and David Horowitz wrote in, Obama and Islam:The two pro-democracy revolts that Obama refused to support were arguably the only two that were genuinely worthy of the pro-democracy label: the demonstrations against the Islamic regime in Iran in 2009, and the anti-Muslim Brotherhood demonstrations in Egypt in winter 2013. There is a common thread between these two that distinguishes them from all the others: in Egypt in late 2012 and early 2013, as well as in Iran in 2009, the demonstrators were protesting against Islamic states. . . .</blockquote class=”wp-block-quote”>In every case Barack Obama has been consistent: in response to the demonstrations and uprisings in the Islamic world, he has without exception acted in the service of Islamic supremacist, pro-Sharia regimes. . . .</blockquote class=”wp-block-quote”>Whatever Obama’s creed may be today, clearly he has retained an idea that Islamic law is a good thing for a society, and is to be encouraged. For if he did not believe this, his actions as President would make no sense at all.</blockquote class=”wp-block-quote”>
* The people rose up against the crimes of the Muslim Brotherhood leaders in Egypt, yet, Obama continued to support the Muslim Brotherhood leaders. The army eventually stepped in and took over and arrested the Muslim Brotherhood leaders. Then the Obama tried to get those leaders released and threatened to cut off aid to Egypt. Egypt then replied that they had proof that Obama is connected to the Muslim Brotherhood.
* In Jan. 2017 the Associated Press reported that on Obama’s final day in office, he sent $221 million dollars to the Palestinians.
(The claims that Obama’s advisor Valarie Jarrett and his CIA director John Brennan are Muslims are internet rumors and cannot be verified.)
A quote of note from Audacity of Hope: “I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.” In other words, when it comes right down to “whose side are you on?” He has chosen the side of Muslims. This means he is really a Muslim at heart. How could he not be a Muslim?
Perhaps Obama’s most damaging statement was in a speech to the UN General Assembly in September 2012, in which he infamously said, “The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam.” He did not say we need to change their minds; he said people who say Muhammad is a false prophet should not have any place of power or position or standing in the world in the future. WOW, how exactly would he bring that about? At the very least, it would mean making it illegal to criticize Muhammad. A very chilling statement. Is he telling us his future plans?
In March of 2009, 11 percent of Americans believed that Obama is Muslim; by August 2010 that number went up to 18 percent. Then in Feb. 2016 the number had gone up again to 29 percent. Could it have been because of his statements and actions while in office? Yes. No matter how many times a liar says, “I am a Christian,” if you give great support to Islam while taking harmful actions against Christians, people will believe your actions.
Below is the ruler of Turkey, Erdoğan. I caption this picture: “You have done well, my son, keep up the good work.” Obama, “Yes, master.”
Notice that Obama’s head is slightly bowed, with eyes closed. I bought this image on the Getty Images website. There was another photo by the same photographer that was taken right before or right after this one. Obama is still in the exact same position, but Erdoğan’s hand is behind his neck, and Merkel’s face is nearly blocked behind Obama. This means that he held this position for probably at least 4-7 seconds. Think about that. He may as well have kissed his shoes.
Beyond all of the above being reasons that Obama is the most loved U.S. president in the Muslim world, Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Aboul Gheit was on Nile TV in January 2010 and said:“The American President told me in confidence that he is a Muslim,” and that “Obama promised that once he overcame some domestic American problems (Healthcare), that he would show the Moslem world what he would do with Israel.”</blockquote class=”wp-block-quote”>The minister said during a round-table show that he’d had a One-on-one meeting with Obama, who swore to him that he was a Moslem, the son of a Moslem father and step-son of Moslem step-father; that his half-brothers in Kenya were Moslems, and that he was loyal to the Moslem agenda. He asked that the Moslem world show patience. Obama promised that once he overcame some domestic American problems (at that time, Healthcare), he would show the Moslem world what he would do with Israel. </blockquote class=”wp-block-quote”>
If this information is accurate, then that is a confession that he is, in fact, a Muslim, and hates Israel; and also Christians, because his statement included “that he was loyal to the Moslem agenda.”
Several times in speeches, he referred to the “Holy Quran,” but never once referred to the Bible as Holy. He referred to the Quran in a positive light, but to the Bible negatively.
Last but not least, Obama’s half-brother Roy decided to convert to Islam and change his name to Abongo. About this, Obama said of him:“The person who made me proudest of all, though, was Roy. Actually, now we call him Abongo, his Luo name, for two years ago he decided to reassert his African heritage. He converted to Islam, and has sworn off pork and tobacco and alcohol. (Dreams of My Father)</blockquote class=”wp-block-quote”>
Is this enough evidence? I believe it is.
 The Chicago Tribune. Obama madrassa myth debunked, Kim Barker, March 25, 2007. https://www.chicagotribune.com/nation-world/chi-070325obama-islam-story-archive-story.html, & Was Obama a Muslim?, Daniel Pipes. 12-24-07. FrontPageMagazine.com
 NYT, Obama: Man of the World, 03/06/2007, Nicholas Kristof.
 Jodi Kantor, A Candidate, His Minister and The Search for Faith, April 30, 2007.
 Obama: “Young Muslim Socialist that I used to be”, Feb 26, 2014, Allen Z. Hertz, https:// blogs.Timesof israel.com/obama-young-muslim-socialist-that-i-used-to-be/
 A Muslim View Of Obama, by Salah Uddin Shoaib Choudhury, August 18, 2010, www.gate stoneinstitute.org/1485/a-muslim-view-of-obama.